EL Master Plan
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Each school in the Willows Unified School District has an English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) to give parents of English Learners the opportunity to:
The ELAC is composed of:
- Learn more about the programs offered to their
- Participate in the school-wide assessment of
the needs of English Learner students, parents, and teachers..
- Provide advice to the principal and staff on positive and effective actions to improve learning for English Learners, support full participation in school activities and support regular school attendance.
- Parents of English Learners
- Principal or designee
- Teachers of English Learners
- Resource teachers
- Instruction aides
- Other parents
The ELAC coordinates with the District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) and the school site council. Members participate in training provided by the school and the District.
Click here to see the Willows Unified School District LEA Plan Addendum and Title III Plan Addendum
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The DELAC is an advisory board that works at the District level to:
- Advise the Willows Unified School District Superintendent and Board of Trustees regarding the District Master Plan for English Learners.
- Conduct an on-going review of the Master Plan and recommends modifications to reflect changing needs and priorities.
- Review the implementation and effectiveness of programs for English Learners.
- Develop annual reports to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees on the status of programs for English Learners.
- Monitors compliance with state and federal requirements.